Social Content Platform - Start Up - Flat Iron
Reporting to the VP Product, the User Experience Designer is a fast learner who distills highly complex issues into easy-to-understand user experience design requirements and applies expert design skills to user flows, usability, and application interactions in a cross platform fashion, ranging from iOS, web, mobile web and Android, with the goal of delivering a world-class user experience.
• Employ user-centric design practices to create world-class B2C user experiences
• Define, develop, and document all front-end design requirements for projects
• Develop detailed wireframes, user flows, mockups, and prototypes to communicate designs and product requirements effectively
• Test and assemble feedback on user interface and user experience designs
• Conduct usability, concept and user research studies
• Work closely with developers and QA builds prior to release
• Critique and guide UI designs
• Utilize industry standard and/or define transitions and animations
Requirements and Skills
• 4+ years experience as a UX designer or interaction designer, including substantial experience designing native mobile applications
• A thorough understanding of interaction design principles, processes and best practices
• Deep experience in design research, analyzing user flows, idealization, wireframing, and producing professional UX specifications
• Wireframes with information architecture skills and near-pixel perfect accuracy
• Deep understanding of HTML/CSS, Adobe creative suite, Apple Human Interface Guidelines and Google Play guidelines.
• Proficiency with wireframing and prototyping software such as: Axure, Omnigraffle, Flinto, Sketch, Balsamiq, Hype or Keynotopia.
• Detail-obsessed yet also passionate about simplification and creating intuitive interfaces
• Experience conducting qualitative user research and usability testing for mobile applications
• Results-driven, able to initiate and lead projects; work autonomously and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
• Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, on top of mobile design trends, and well-suited to design quickly and innovate and iterate
• Outstanding communication skills, including presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills
• A strong portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience and relevant, user-centered designs
• Bachelor's degree is required; degree in Interaction Design or related field a plus
• Experience designing for responsive websites
• Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS3
• Animation skills