Entertainment & Sports - Start Up
● Mission is to become the leading international, digital platform for the distribution of live sports video.
● Marketplace Trends: Interest in sports is now global and not simply national; content consumption is moving toward digital delivery and away from linear television; mobile is widespread and is the dominant worldwide screen of choice, and standards around online video advertising are becoming widely accepted.
● Problem: Live international sports, irrespective of the country, have few digital outlets despite a growing demand for the content, multi-platform access to it, and at low-cost.
● Team: Founded by Chris Liddell (former CFO of Microsoft and GM), Craig Heatley (founder of Sky TV), Billy Payne (CEO Atlanta Olympics, Chairman Augusta National), Pat Battle (ex SVP of College Sports @ IMG).
● Funding: $35M from two large investors
The role of User Experience Design Lead sits at the nexus of art and science. This individual is expected to spearhead the design of intuitive an interface that is derived from a strong understanding of stunning visual design, interaction paradigms, and the use of data.
The role also requires equal parts strategy, execution, and management. It is expected that this individual will be highly entrepreneurial -- they must demonstrate product and business vision and follow it up with tactical results. Having a robust understanding of best practices in design and technology will be key to driving the product forward.
We’re looking for someone who is personable, loves working in start-up environments, is obsessed with design, and can handle “roller coaster” schedules and “rocket ship” growth.
● Work with the VP Product and Visual Design Lead to holistically conceive of the product and identify the entire feature set
● Design, conduct, and monitor usability studies and A/B testing across native and web products
● Analyze product usage usage data to inform design decisions
● Conduct competitive analysis
● Conduct usability studies
● Conduct market research
● Ability to communicate thoughts concisely to the team at large
● Proficient in wire framing as well as prototyping (either with code or tools)
● Ability to produce written documentation around interaction design states
● Help identify, interview, and hire other top-notch UX designers
● Set-up design processes to maintain order as the team grows
● Work closely with engineering team to ensure that production-level code mirrors original vision
● Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
● 2-5 years in management role
● Proven track record of designing and launching mobile products
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills.