Sports & Entertainment - Start Up
● Mission is to become the leading international, digital platform for the distribution of live sports video.
● Marketplace Trends: Interest in sports is now global and not simply national; content consumption is moving toward digital delivery and away from linear television; mobile is widespread and is the dominant worldwide screen of choice, and standards around online video advertising are becoming widely accepted.
● Problem: Few digital outlets carry live international sports despite a growing demand for the content, across multiple platforms, and at economically affordable pricing.
● Team: Founded by Chris Liddell (former CFO of Microsoft and GM), Craig Heatley (founder of Sky TV New Zealand), Billy Payne (CEO Atlanta Olympics, Chairman Augusta National), Pat Battle (ex SVP of College Sports @ IMG).
● Funding: $35M+ from three large investors
The role of Visual Design Lead is solely focused on producing beautiful visual designs, although this individual must also have a strong feel for interaction design. We expect this role to work in close collaboration with the User Experience Lead and we emphasize collaboration. Our business will succeed or fail based upon the strength two core pillars: content and product. We regard design as equal to engineering in achieving success in this second pillar. Some could consider us snobs and we would take that as a compliment.
We’re looking for someone who is personable, loves working in startup environments, is obsessed with design, and can handle “roller coaster” schedules and “rocket ship” growth.
● Work with the VP Product and UX Lead to holistically conceive of the product and identify the entire feature set
● Conduct competitive analysis
● Ability to communicate thoughts concisely to the team at large
● Ability to define overall look and feel, branding elements, and detailed page-level designs
● Identify, interview, and hire other top-notch UI designers
● Define design tools, paradigms, and processes for the entire organization
● Work closely with engineering team to ensure that production-level code mirrors original vision
● Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
● 2-5 years in management role
● Proven track record of designing and launching mobile products
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills